We recognize that more than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s Disease. (Alzheimer’s Facts and Figures, June 2016, Alz.org.)
Our staff is trained to care for these individuals. Staff have completed State required specific training and are experienced in this special needs care. Our home is secure and technologically advanced.
Did you know?
- By 2050 the number of people living with Alzheimer’s could rise to 16 million in America
- Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death
- Alzheimer’s kills more people than breast and prostate cancer combined
- 1 in 3 seniors will die with Alzheimer’s or another type of dementia
- In 2017 it will cost approximately $259 BILLION to care for people with Alzheimer’s
- Every 66 seconds someone in the US will develop Alzheimer’s
- Since 2000, deaths from heart disease has decreased by 14% while deaths from Alzheimer’s has increased by 89%
- In 2016, 15 million Americans provided unpaid care for people with Alzheimer’s or other dementias; these caregivers provided an estimated 18.2 billion hours of care at a cost of $230 billion
(Alzheimer’s Facts and Figures, June 2016, Alz.org)